May 12, 2010

The End of This Chapter

Since the last post, you probably guessed what this post is all about.

With a heavy heart, I'm ending this chapter in Thoughtnami's six-year life.

Why? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure. I mean, I'm still trying to figure out why I needed to make Thoughtnami in the first place.

Think about it.

I already have a site, The X Bridge. I've had that site since 1998. Nearly 12 years have passed since I first created a place that was originally seen as a Toonami site. Over the past five years, I've been trying to transform that outlet into a well-rounded animation/comics opinion site. I spent much of the six years at Thoughtnami talking about the moronic nature of the animation industry, the networks that air animation (and those that don't), and the increasingly interconnected world of pop culture (TV, movies, comics, and animation are now more intertwined than ever). I began Thoughtnami separating those topics. However, it seems that lately, things I would have posted at Thoughtnami are finding themselves on The X Bridge.

Oddly enough, some of the things I would have posted at Thoughtnami has also found a home on Twitter. I found myself on Twitter a lot the past year conversing with folks and actually thinking out loud with topics almost in real time. And I tend to get a response to my tweets more than I would on a post around these parts. So, in a strangely Luddite way, I'm blaming modern technology for a reason behind the end of the site.

I also began the site because I didn't want to offend my other site's host, Toonzone, nor any company they're connected with in my articles. But you know what?
If they're offended, so be it. I'm at the point in my life that I believe in the freedom of speech. Toonzone believes that too, so stuff that I post here won't be an issue at the Mothership. Whoo-hoo!

Speaking of stuff that I've posted here in the past. I'm collecting them all and putting a bulk of them at The X Bridge. I have six years of articles, 229 items I've posted over the years about every little thing that comes to mind. Plus, as the old adage goes, there can be only one, and as much as I love Thoughtnami, I choose The X Bridge. I've known it longer, and it's been a part of my life a lot longer.

What will be in this space? That's another topic for another time. Yeah, there will be another time. I said this is the end of THIS chapter of Thoughtnami. There will be a new chapter opening up in the months ahead. What will be found here? Who knows? But I thank you for being a part of the first six years and hope you'll be around for the next chapter of both The X Bridge and Thoughtnami.

It's not goodbye. It's "later."

1 comment:

E.A. said...

To Infinity and Beyond, Jeff.

Change is always hard, yet exciting--and this particular change you're making excites me.

I continue to follow you, to the extent that I can.